May 16, 2011

Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino, 100% Worsted Weight Merino Wool, in Grey

Needles: 4.5 mm / 6 US

Gauge: 5 stitches and 6 rows per inch

Stitch Pattern: Yarn-Over Cable

Source: BW1, p. 154.

Comments: Isn't this pretty?  Someone came into the store the other day with a stole that I swear was made out of this pattern, but possibly with only one purl stitch between the cables...  (If only I had thought to write down the name of that one!!)  Its super easy to do, and now I really want to acquire some lovely DK linen or silk in a summery colour so I can replicate the stole that is now stuck in my head!!  :)

(PS: I'm now caught up on blogging the last week's worth of swatches.  What are the chances that I'll be able to keep up with this week's?!)

1 comment:

  1. one of my favourite sts - so useful, pretty, texturual...and quick and easy! Very smart in this grey too.

    ReplyDelete