December 30, 2011

Yarn:  Rowan RYC Cashsoft DK, 57% Wool, 33% Microfiber, 10% Cashmere, in Mirage

Needle: 4 mm / US 6

Gauge: 4.5 stitches and 7 rows per inch

Stitch Pattern: Elvis' Brioche Stitch


Source: BriocheStitch.com

Comments: This stitch is why I love the internet.  As you saw in earlier posts, I was using the Brioche Stitch website to try out a number of different brioche stitches.  When I tried this one, I couldn't make it work - something in the pattern just wasn't right.  So I emailed Nancy Marchant, the author of the site, and 2 days later she emailed me back!  At first it looked like she wasn't going to be able to review and revise her pattern, but not 4 days later, there it was in my inbox!  Thanks so much Nancy!  
This pattern is reverse-engineered from a sweater worn by Elvis - you can see a photo if you click the link above.  But be warned - as of my writing this (Jan 1/12), the pattern on the site is not yet the correct version.  Please email Nancy if you want a copy - I don't have the rights to distribute the pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment