November 8, 2011

After a much too long hiatus, here are the rest of the November swatches that have been sitting in a non-blocked, non-posted pile for several weeks now!  :(

Yarn: Some kind of worsted weight yarn, hand-dyed red by Kate, and passed on to me via Darcy.

Needle: 4.5 mm / US 7

Gauge: 6 stitches and 7 rows per inch

Stitch Pattern: Parquet Pattern


Source: BW1, p. 141.

Comments: This yarn is really bright which makes it next to impossible to photograph.  I also think I over-blocked this a little - before blocking, the raised diamonds all squish up next to each other, and the purled sections really recede to the back.  This pattern produces a crazy amount of depth - I think its due to the unusual decreases on either sides of the diamonds.  I also thought it was interesting how the reds of this yarn really pooled around that one center diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment