December 4, 2011


Yarn:  Red 4-ply yarn, in some kind of wool/acrylic mix  

Needle: 3.5 mm / US 4

Gauge: 6.5 
stitches and 11 rows per inch

Stitch Pattern: Talisman Pattern


Source: The Lady's Knitting Book, by Elvina M. Corbould. 1878, p. 41.  (accessible here)

Comments: Someone on one of my knitting mailing lists pointed out that the University of Southampton in the UK has made available a digital collection of 19th century knitting books - and far be it from me to ignore a resource such as this!  The hardest part of these patterns (especially the early ones) is the wording of the patterns.  Some are more easy to understand than others - I suggest  that you try to work the patterns as you read them - it makes them far easier to understand!



This one looks liek another stitch I've seen somewhere, but I can't figure out which one!

No comments:

Post a Comment