November 1, 2011

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Chunky, 85% Wool/15% Angora Bulky weight yarn

Needles: 6.5mm and 5.5mm / US 10.5 and 9

Gauge: 3 stitches and 4 rows per inch at the bottom, and 3.25 stitches x 4.25 rows per inch at the top (on the smaller needles)

Stitch Pattern: Fisherman's Rib

Source: BW1, p. 44.

Comments:  I bought this yarn to make a cowl for winter - the pale, icy blue colour (its more blue in person - I had to sacrifice colour for texture!) will go really well with a steel blue coat I bought last spring - now all I have to do is fix the buttons on that coat so that their cheaply cast shanks will stop cutting the threads that hold the buttons on!  :)

I've recently learned that the 'suggestion' to work your ribbing in a needle two sizes smaller than what's recommended is really a good idea.  Not sure if you can see it here, but using a 5.5mm for this yarn really makes the ribbing pop.  This is such a squooshy fabric - I can't wait to cast on and knit and finish and then wear this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment