September 30, 2011

Yarn: Berroco Vintage Worsted - 50% Acrylic, 40% Wool, 10% Nylon in Cerulean

Needles: 4.5mm / US 7

Gauge: 5 stitches and 6 rows per inch


Stitch Pattern: Wickerwork Pattern

Source: BW2, p. 146.

Comments: The title of this one caught my eye - I keep wanting to say that it was the name of a movie, and then have to keep reminding myself that what I'm really thinking of is The Wicker Man.   Fun pattern, not too difficult.  This yarn has a tendency to grow when washed and/or steamed - makes sense, I guess because its half synthetic.  Its funny - I liked this wool when I first tried it ages ago (I made a toy with it), went off it for a bit because it was too shiny and acrylicy-looking, tried it again for a kid's hoodie and decided it wasn't so bad, and then recently made a hat from it and have now gone off it again.  I think I just have to give up on it again, and go back to my earlier belief that anything more than 25% synthetic is just too much!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment