October 17, 2011

Yarn: 2-ply 100% DK Wool from MeadowMist Farm on Mayne Island, BC.

Hook: 6.5 mm / US 10.5-K

Gauge: 3 stitches and 3 rows per inch

Stitch Pattern: single crochet (double crochets in the UK system - which terminology is used in Europe?)

Source: Swatch for Snuggly Slippers, from Crochet Today! - Special Issue 2010. 

Comments:  I keep stealing Mike's wool socks to keep my feet warm, so I figured I'd better hurry up and make myself some slippers!  The yarn I want to use is smaller than what is used in the pattern, so I had to make a swatch first.  I didn't get gauge, hence the widening of the swatch to see if one extra stitch would make up the required 4 inches.  Not that that helps my overall gauge, but I think I'm willing to just fudge the pattern a little!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment