June 22, 2011

Yarn: Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed, 85% Wool, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere, in Dove

Needles: 4.5 mm / 7 US

Gauge: 5 stitches and 6 rows per inch

Stitch Pattern: Purl-Twist Fabric

Source: BW1, p. 125.

Comments: This yarn was sent to me as part of a swap - it was the leftover bit from a skinny scarf that my SP made for me.  I didn't think much of the yarn at the time, but now that I've used it, its lovely - too bad its only available in Australia!  After blocking it bloomed really well, and now its soft and squishy, and I'm sure it would be really warm too.  It works well with this fabric too - dense without being heavy, and thick enough to enhance the squishiness of the yarn...  Hmm.. I wonder if anyone in North America happens to be selling this via Ravelry... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment