May 12, 2011


Yarn: Berocco Ultra Alpaca Worsted, 50% Alpaca/50% Wool in Boysenberry Mix, and Patons Classic Wool Merino, 100% Worsted Weight Wool, in White

Needles: 4.5 mm / 7 US

Gauge: 5 sts and 7 rows per inch

Stitch Pattern: Bricks

Source: BW1, p. 62.

Comments:  I borrowed another copy of Barbara Walker's Treasury #1 from the library, and now I intend to exploit it to its fullest! ;)  Here's one of the more basic two-colour patterns.  I've used this one for dishcloths before, although I usually make the 'bricks' in garter stitch so they stand out more.  These yarns are both listed as worsted weight, but the Ultra Alpaca is actually a little thinner - I started this with white mortar and purple bricks, but the Alpaca stitches were stretched too far apart - even more than the white ones are here...

No comments:

Post a Comment